Tuesday 17 January 2012

Commodore Amiga: Commodore Amiga Video Lounge: Clown O Mania

Commodore Amiga: Commodore Amiga: Clown O Mania

http://www.Insert-Disk.com proudly presents "Clown O Mania" for the Commodore Amiga 500/1200.
First 7 levels played for fun.

Clown-O-Mania is one of those games I played at a young age and have always thought well of. The aim is to collect every gem/ball (what ever they are) on the level. There are various bad guys running around as well as razor blades to pick up and use as weapons. The game is simple and fun with catchy music. Having not played this for about 20 years it came back to me quite quickly. If I have a criticism of the game it would be the controls. Since it is an isometric grid I get easily confused about which button to press, I have exactly the same issue with Q*Bert though :-) It's more use error than bad game design. On level 5 the map turns upside-down, now this really hurts my brain as to how to control the clowns direction.

Still, this is a fantastic gem of a retro game and well worth 10 minutes of your time to investigate.



No comments:

Post a Comment